Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The first day of school

"Chloe through the years"
"Preschool 05-06"

"kindergarten"

"1st grade"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Makenna through the years"

"kindergarten"

"1st grade"

"2nd grade"

"3rd grade"

" 4th grade"

....and so we begin a new school year. It seems like the girls just got out of school for the summer. All of the plans of getting together with friends, hanging out at the pool, going to the drive-in...some of the things I was really looking forward to. Were did the time go??? It seems like time is just going way too fast. I am really trying to savor this time with my girls being young and so into spending time with Mommy. It just occurred to Josh and I the other day that Kenna still calls us Mommy and Daddy. That is something you take for granted. Most children I notice her age are on to Mom and Dad. I love being called Mommy. I love that my girls like to cuddle and watch movies with me. They love to have conversations with me about their friends, about school, about their thoughts, about when I was a little girl. I cannot believe how fast our children are growing up. Have you ever noticed how when your out in public and older people talk to you about your children they always say, "before you know it they'll be all grown up." It's so true. If the next nine years go as fast as the last nine, Makenna will be off to college before we know it. I don't even want to think about that. I remember her very first day of school, I got a little teary eyed and now she's in 4th grade, WOW!! My Chlo is a 1st grader, how can that be?! I just know I want to treasure this time with my girls.

4 comments:

The Ski's said...

4th grade and 1st grade...how??? Hey...if you ever need 4th grade help on anything....let me know...I think after 11 years in it, I am getting the hang of it! : ) Love to you all....

The Ski's said...

4th grade and 1st grade...how??? Hey...if you ever need 4th grade help on anything....let me know...I think after 11 years in it, I am getting the hang of it! : ) Love to you all....

The Ski's said...

oops....sorry! Now, if I could just get the hang of publishing posts!!!! hehe

twin power mommy ♥ said...

Aint that the truth!!!! Time Flies! So do the kids go to a public or private school? i noticed a sign on the door for the preschool that said Christian preschool, but wondered about their Primary grades. Yes my girls are loving school. They look forward to going each and every day. The only reason they like weekends is because of church, otherwise, they'd be bummed they weren't in school. Have a great weekend!!!